About Women in AV
The Women in AV is a networking and career development group whose goal is to help, learn, and assist all women achieve success and mentor young women in the audiovisual industry.
Women in AV establishes a multifaceted approach to educating, supporting, encouraging and inspiring women in the audiovisual industry through collaboration, research, mentoring, and networking opportunities. The Women in AV Group will promote the growth and performance of women by empowering women to feel recognized, respected, productive, and important to the AV industry.
Women in AV strive to:
- Promote collaboration, sharing of ideas, and brainstorming about all things AV;
- Provide a compassionate environment where treading in new areas for the first time is appreciated and encouraged;
- Support a balanced work/life principle where having success in one area never compromises the other;
- Recognize the achievements, successes, and challenges of Women in the AV industry;
- Research and educate women about opportunities for advancement within the audiovisual industry;
- Mentor and offer young women assistance to advance his or her education and experience;
- Sponsor social and business networking opportunities to establish relationships and partnerships;
- Leverage our partnerships for advancing our individual businesses, women-owned business and other under-recognized organizations in the AV industry;
- Establish a supportive forum for women to openly share thoughts and ideas on professional and personal topics;
- Align with industry associations that drive the AV industry;
- And, pioneer sustainable business models to streamline daily requirements of commerce and advocate responsible, social and economically business practices.
We run events throughout the year and we encourage you to follow us on Twitter @WomenInAV to stay up to date on what we’re involved with. Big plans ahead so stay tuned!